Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The First Born Tag!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes. Nopes..

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?

Yup!

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Disbelief! This cannot happen to me! Took the lab technician to turn the monitor and show me the scan...

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Yes, till I saw and heard her, when I first found out. That option went flying out the window and I heard myself say no to an abortion in a daze.


5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
Yea right, like I'm gonna say that here! :P

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
when I was shown the monitor, in the middle of an internal exam to rule out a cyst...."sweet 12 weeks...its a sweet pregnancy" to my shocked surprise..so shocked that I totally forgot about that horrendous thing inside me!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Husband was there. But it was my boss and a colleague who used to mercilessly tease me (well it was just once :P) when I suddenly fell sick!

8. DUE DATE?
Around Diwali!

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Not for the first 3 months. 4th month was terrible. Carrot juice and Baigan were off my list.


10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Pani Puri! Had to have it every week. Pizzas, Burgers, Death By chocolate, And Sweets... I'm not a sweet eating person, I hate mitahi, but those 6 months!! God! Everyday I would have halwa.

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
My Mother In Law! And all the crazy superstitions...and tips to have a gora boy!

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
A girl.

13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope.Was secretly hoping that all who were predicting it would be a boy, would turn out to be wrong :)

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
12 kgs.

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
No.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
did'nt have one and didn't miss it.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Nope. Fright yes. 8 months and 2 hours after lunch I dont feel her kicks...panic...call the doc...my luck its a sunday. Advised to go into emergency in the hospital and get a Doppler done. I was so glad when I heard the heartbeat! Best sound in the world!

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The same place where I was born...Mysore

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Four-Five hours.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?
Dad and Mom at 4 am.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The gynae and the team labor team..

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural.


23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
No. Begged the doc to give me med, got scolded in return... no pain no gain..

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
2.73 kgs.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
Just few minutes before 12 pm. I was so tired and I vaguely remember her first cries.


26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?
Doc did'nt announce. Only after the doc showed the baby to my family outside did I get to see her...there were 4 nurses, 2 men and 2 women who got her to me...i was so happy i was just passed out for a few min..only to wake up to her crying :)
27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?
In awe! Overwhelmed, glad it was over..and laughing all the time. Couldn't wipe the smile away from my face...

28. DID YOU CRY?
Nah...Laughed and Smiled a lot.
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
My pet and most recently Nautanki!

30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY
close to 2.5 years...although the ticker is quite accurate :D

I will never forget that day... what drama, excitement, fun and loads and loads of happiness! My bro still claims that was the funniest experiences of his life. Don't believe me? Go and read about it here if you havent already read it.

The one thing that kept me company and kept me from freaking out at the stupid superstitions was "What to expect when you are expecting" and Dr. Jagdish's "Health, Herbs and Harmony". And once she was born I was gifted what to expectthe first year...these were my bibles.

I realise now that it was also the day, when subconsciously I had realized that it would be just me & imp and that I wasn't upset, rather relieved and felt free and happy like never before.

IHM thank you for tagging me. I just loved this. And realsied I have prescious posts in the drafts, waiting to be completed, just wanna edit and post them so that I dont forget later...

I tag, Apar, Mystic Margarita, Swati, Kiran and `nm. Will be logging in later to inform all, if in the mean time you check this post, please consider yourself tagged! Any anybody else who wants to do this tag, please help yourself, just come back and let me know.

13 comments:

Swati said...

ohh yes ..i know i have to do this :)

~nm said...

Shall do it soon

And BTW, is that other blog your photoblog? If yes can I have access to it if you are ok with it :)

Swaram said...

Hi.Nice blog. Caught up with ur archive too. Love to Imp.

Monika said...

oh what to expect ws my bible too.. till sometime back both the 9 months and the 12 months after that

loved reading urs

Usha Pisharody said...

Lol@ how you found out :) The sweet cyst.. :)

There was much joy reading this and sharing in your wonder that your imp brought you:)

God Bless you two!

Imp's Mom said...

@Swati: yes yes... please do :)

@~nm: would love to read yours, even though have read ur birth story already :)

It took me a while to realise which blog u are talking about :P its not a photo blog, its just a url..have nothing there :)

Imp's Mom said...

@Swaram: Welcome to my space :) Nice to see you here..

@Monika: That book is a relief isn't it! and waiting to read urs too :)

@ Usha: awww... thanks...Looking forward to reading yours too, IHM has tagged you and monika both too right....:)

Imp's Mom said...

@ all : happy holi you guys, have a safe and colorful holi :)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing that you thought it was a cyst :) A very unique way to find out about your baby.
AND you ate Halwa everyday and gained only 12 KG ??!! Thats so unfair I say :P

Imp's Mom said...

@Priyanka: yea ...cyst... its a longgg story!!! i ate only 2 spoons of halwa everyday...mebe thats why...lol and now I'm fighting to loose all that extra gained weight!

Anonymous said...

Cyst one is cute. I did the same tag couple of days back.

Chanced upon this from another blog but see the you have already blog rolled me. Thank you.

Imp's Mom said...

@ solio: Welcome to my space :) i read one of ur posts and loved ur writing, and for want of time blogrolled you and didnt leave a comment :)

coming over to read ur tag!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of you.