Young carefree girl, looking for an emotional anchor
Wants to have fun, wants to know where her life is leading and hungering for love.
15 years old, drugs and sex
she should have been in school
her mother was receiving grants from the govt so that her kids go to school
so why wasn’t she?
Jug Suriya talks about legalizing drugs in
If drugs were not banned, would Scarlett Keeling, the British teenager who was raped and murdered in
It was not drugs that killed Scarlett; it was the criminalization of drugs that led to her death and to the subsequent cover-up attempt by the local police who allegedly are in collaboration with the drug mafias, mainly from
Think about it. If you legalise drugs as alcohol and tobacco would the underworld be there at all? A horrifying scary thought. Imagine cocaine, LSD, escatsy available at the local panwalla. I can not even begin to imagine the affect on innocent teenage and younger children. A dangerous proposition. Drugs should be banned!
Why was the situation allowed to get so bad with different drug cartels operating from
Let go of the corruption, the greed for money and power and we have a safe tourist haven. But heck when the goa police is in cahoots with the drug mafia, will they be willing to let all the money go. If the drug trade is alive and rampant it has to be because of their blessings.
So who is responsible?
1. The 2 arrested for her rape and murder -Samson D'Souza and Placido Carvalho
2. The responsible boyfriend, Julio Lobo? Where is he?
3. Her mother, Fiona? How could she leave a 15 yr old and go to Karnataka? Is she really so naive? Or she just couldn’t be bothered? Her mother needs to be applauded for her fight for justice if not for her sense of priorities. Just think if a British national is having so much of difficulty getting justice, imagine an Indian?
4. The police and the govt for their cover up?
5. Or Scarlett herself? Should she have been a responsible 15 yr old and not indulged in drugs and sex. Known what was good for her. Maybe sex was a way of filling her hunger for love.
This is becoming a lesson for better safe than sorry. I can't help but feel that I should be sympathizing with her family instead of questioning their priorities.